Understanding What To Do After Getting Injured In a Preventable Accident, Crash, Slip Or Bite
Serious injuries suffered in accidents or caused by negligent medical care lead to not only physical pain but also emotional distress. If you have been hurt in a motor vehicle accident, on public or private property, or as a result of medical errors or negligence by a health care provider, you may be entitled to personal injury compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering.
At John A. Cappellini, Attorney at Law, I’ve worked for over 25 years to help the people of my community obtain the financial compensation they need to heal and recover after an injury.
Types Of Personal Injury Cases I Regularly Take
In addition to handling auto accidents, I represent clients in cases involving:
- Premises liability
- Slip and falls
- Trip and falls
- Swimming pool accidents
- Medical malpractice
I represent clients in Cuba and the surrounding New York communities who have been injured in accidents caused by the negligence of others. I offer compassionate, honest legal counsel and advice, and I am ready to stand up for your interests. I am local, responsive, have extensive experience and provide clients with 100% of my attention when working on their cases.
Can I Pursue A Claim If I Slip Or Trip And Fall In A Store Or Restaurant?
In many cases, yes. This type of injury falls under premises liability. Generally speaking, property owners have an obligation to keep their premises reasonably safe for anyone who visits their property. This means making reasonable efforts to maintain the property and warning others about any hazards.
This law applies to both public and private property. Speak with me to understand your rights if you or a loved one is hurt. For example:
- If a property owner or manager knows that the handrail is broken, that the door doesn’t lock, that the carpet has a nap that causes people to trip and does not take action to prevent an accident or fix the issue, that person is likely both negligent and liable.
- If you or a loved one was hurt by slipping or tripping on a poorly maintained sidewalk, parking lot, hallway or on broken or uneven steps, speak with me.
- Trips and falls also happen because of poor lighting. Assaults, robberies and other crimes are preventable when a premises has adequate security.
- The same set of premises liability laws applies to dog bites. If an owner is not in control of the dog, or the dog gets loose and harms a person – particularly a child – be sure that you understand your rights.
- Surgeries for the reconstruction of the face are very expensive. Some injuries will require multiple surgeries.
People break their ankles, their wrists and even hips in slip-and-fall cases. In some cases, people hit their heads. A concussion or traumatic brain injury (TBI) is not uncommon after a serious fall. Therefore, if you slip on a wet floor in a grocery store, or trip on a rug in a restaurant and fall down and get hurt, be sure to understand your rights.
Find Out What Your Injury Case Is Worth
I know that after an injury you have questions. You may be wondering if you have a case, and what to do next. To schedule a meeting with me about your injury case and how I can help, please call 585-672-3626. You can also connect with me online by making use of my inquiry email. There is space to include your contact information and a short question. With an office in Allegany County, I handle cases in Cuba, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua counties.